Thursday, December 13, 2012

At Last… My Love Has Come Along.


 
My lonely days are over, and life is like a song.

If a year could be compared to a roller coaster, 2012 would have lines a mile long because the extreme nature of the highs and lows would mark its place in roller coaster record books from now until the end of time.

The best thing about a good roller coaster is the relief of the smooth coast to the finish. There’s always the chance that the car won’t stop and the operator won’t let you off and you might have to endure the whole ride again, but as you glide to the end, your hopes are high. Your heart slows its pace and you look forward to setting foot back on steady ground.

The car does stop and the door does open.  You reach for the hand held out to you and then you step out and cling to him because he is your life.

And at last, my love has come along. My lonely days are over, and life is like a song.

Sing it, Etta. I know what song I want to dance to at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment